What is the material of the HeoZ marine telephone hood?
Our Marine telephone hoods are made of GRP(GLASS-REINFORCED-PLASTIC), also known as fiberglass or “GRP” for short, is a composite material made of a polymer matrix reinforced with glass fibers. GRP also is commonly known as “FRP” which means “Fibre Reinforced Plastic” rather than “Glass Reinforced Plastic”.
Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) is also known as GFRP, that is, fiber-reinforced plastics, generally refers to glass fiber reinforced unsaturated polyester, epoxy resin, and phenolic resin matrix, glass fiber or its products as reinforced plastics, called glass fiber Reinforced plastic, or FRP, is different from tempered glass.
Due to the different types of resins used, there are polyester FRP, epoxy FRP, and phenolic FRP. Light and hard, non-conductive, stable performance, high mechanical strength, less recycling, corrosion resistance. It can replace steel to manufacture machine parts, automobiles, ship shells, etc.
The scientific name of FRP is fiber-reinforced plastic, commonly known as FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastics), that is, fiber reinforced composite plastic. According to the fiber used, it is divided into glass fiber reinforced composite plastic (GFRP), carbon fiber reinforced composite plastic (CFRP), boron fiber reinforced composite plastic, etc. It is a composite material with glass fiber and its products (glass cloth, tapes, felt, yarn, etc.) as reinforcing material and synthetic resin as a matrix material. Fiber-reinforced composites are composed of reinforcing fibers and a matrix. The diameter of the fiber (or whisker) is very small, generally below 10 μm, with fewer and smaller defects, and the fracture strain is about 30/1000. It is a brittle material that is easy to damage, break and corrode. Compared with fibers, the strength and modulus of the matrix are much lower, but it can withstand large strains. It often has viscoelasticity and elastoplasticity, and is a tough material.
What are the benefits of this kind of material of marine telephone hoods:
1. Lightweight and high strength
The relative density is between 1.5~2.0, only 1/4~1/5 of carbon steel, but the tensile strength is close to or even exceeds that of carbon steel, and the specific strength can be compared with advanced alloy steel. Therefore, it has excellent results in aviation, rockets, spacecraft, high-pressure vessels and other products that need to reduce their own weight. The tensile, bending and compressive strength of some epoxy FRP can reach more than 400Mpa. Its very suitable for our marine telephone hoods on the harsh industrial environment.
2. Corrosion resistance
FRP is a good corrosion-resistant material, and it has good resistance to the atmosphere, water, and general concentrations of acids, alkalis, salts, and various oils and solvents. It has been applied to all aspects of chemical anticorrosion, and is replacing carbon steel, stainless steel, wood, non-ferrous metals, etc. The ability is the mostly requirement of our marine telephone hood.
3. Good electrical performance
It is an excellent insulating material and is used to make insulators. It can still protect good dielectric properties at high frequencies. It has good microwave permeability and has been widely used in radar radomes.
4. Good thermal performance
FRP has low thermal conductivity, 1.25~1.67kJ/(m·h·K) at room temperature, only 1/100~1/1000 of that of metal, and is an excellent thermal insulation material. In the case of instantaneous ultra-high temperature, it is an ideal thermal protection and ablation-resistant material, which can protect the spacecraft from being scoured by high-speed airflow above 2000 °C.
5. Good designability
(1) According to the needs, various structural products can be flexibly designed to meet the requirements of use, which can make the product have a good integrity.
(2) Materials can be fully selected to meet the performance of the product, such as: corrosion-resistant, instantaneous high-temperature resistant, particularly high-strength in a certain direction of the product, good dielectric properties, etc. can be designed.
6. Excellent craftsmanship
(1) The molding process can be flexibly selected according to the shape, technical requirements, usage and quantity of the product.
(2) The process is simple, it can be formed at one time, and the economic effect is outstanding, especially for products with complex shapes and small quantities that are not easy to form, its process superiority is more prominent.
The marine telephone hood, also known as a marine telephone booth or telephone kiosk, offers several advantages:
1. Noise reduction: Marine telephone hood are designed to reduce external noise, creating a quieter environment for phone conversations. This feature is particularly useful in crowded or noisy areas, where it can be challenging to hear and be heard clearly.
2. Weather protection: In outdoor or exposed areas, marine telephone hood can provide protection against adverse weather conditions such as rain, wind, or extreme temperatures. This feature ensures that the user can make calls comfortably and without interruption.
3. Enhanced sound quality: Acoustic hoods often include acoustic materials or design features that help improve the quality of sound transmission. These features can include sound-absorbing materials, strategic placement of microphones and speakers, and other technologies that optimize the audio experience.
4. Convenience and accessibility: The marine telephone hoods are typically designed to be easily accessible and user-friendly. They often provide a dedicated space for making calls, equipped with a telephone or intercom system. This accessibility allows people to communicate conveniently, especially in public spaces or areas where telecommunication is necessary.
5. Focus and concentration: The isolation provided by an marine telephone hood helps users concentrate on their conversation without external distractions. By minimizing visual distractions and shielding the user from the surrounding environment, the hood promotes better focus and communication
It’s worth noting that with the widespread adoption of industrial telephones and advancements in telecommunications technology, traditional acoustic telephone hoods have become less common. However, their advantages remain relevant in certain contexts, such as oil &gas, tunnels, power plants, schools or areas with limited mobile network coverage.
For more information about the marine telephone hood, pls contact at firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you!
HeoZ Technology Co., Ltd
Address: No. 25 Tai ran 7 Road, Che Kung Temple, Futian District, ShenZhen City, GuangDong Province, China 518040